Event Manager “Football for Sustainability Summit 2024” (f/m/d)
ABOUT COMMON GOAL
With more than three billion fans, football is the largest social phenomenon on the planet. No other sport boasts such wealth, reach or cultural significance. Common Goal is rooted in the belief that the world’s most popular sport is one of the few cultural forces strong enough to help shift society towards a more sustainable and equitable future for all.
We want to maximise the game’s contribution to people and planet by forging a lasting connection between football as a business and football as a catalyst for social transformation. We believe that achieving long-lasting change requires everyone’s collaboration. That’s why we are building a movement that creates opportunities for every stakeholder in football to participate and collaborate in support of our people and planet.
Bottom-up and inside-out, we place all our focus on strengthening local capacity to transform realities, embedding purpose at the heart of the football industry and using football as enabler to inspire a shift in mindset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In July 2024, the Football for Sustainability Summit, supported by funding from the German Government, will be organized and implemented by Common Goal. This summit, recognized as an official event of the UEFA EURO 2024, aims to convene 300 influential figures from various spheres of football, from politics, business, civil society, and sports. Together, they will collaborate to chart a path for football's substantial role in fostering positive impacts on both people and the planet.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated (Junior) Event Manager to organize and coordinate the Football for Sustainability Summit. Working within a small team of experts, including a relations manager (project lead), project manager, and working student, you will play an important part in the summit’s success. Your responsibilities will span from participation management to the orchestration of the various service providers such as venue, catering, translation, etc.
If you're passionate about sustainable football and want to shape its future, this position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to UEFA EURO 2024's legacy.
1. Managing Participants
- Handling the invitations for approximately 300 participants, speakers and special guests from diverse backgrounds, in close coordination with the project manager. The participants will be decision-makers within the football industry, government representatives, civil society leaders, CEOs of major brands and relevant individuals in the fields of climate action and human rights. This task includes research of participants / speakers, invitation process (incl. follow-ups), comprehensive participant support (e.g., for specific needs) and post-event communication.
2. Managing Service Providers
- Overlook the collaboration with external service providers (venue, catering, hotels, AV technicians, translation, photography and videography services, security services, etc.), ensuring their work is aligned and smoothly integrated in the implementation of the Football for Sustainability Summit. During the event planning and implementation, you will be the primary contact for most of these service providers, from first contact to post-event communication. You will also be responsible for the coordination and management of volunteers, who will help us in the context of the summit.
3. Conceptional Support
- Support in the detailed program design/implementation of the summit, for example identifying speakers, best practices/initiatives, and co-designing the event flow, etc; support in conceptualizing and developing a venue plan and a technical rider.
4. Reporting Support
- Support in doing comprehensive reports on the summit’s outcomes, aimed towards a diverse group of stakeholders, incl. public institutions, participants, steering board and public.
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience in Event Management.
- Prior experience in working in football/sports and/or sustainability/politics is a clear asset.
- You are fully proficient in German, with fluency in English.
- You can immerse yourself in a participant management tool, while at the same time, you greatly enjoy being in direct contact with a variety of people from different service providers.
- You are results driven, collaborative and prioritize excellent service delivery.
- You possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate the ability to easily adapt to multicultural contexts and diverse environments.
- Become part of a vision for football 2030, that aims to enable all stakeholders in the football industry to play their part in accelerating progress towards the Global Goals.
- Play a crucial role in the planning and implementation of a most relevant conference in the framework of one of the major global sport events in a multi stakeholder setting.
- Continue to contribute to dynamic decision-making processes and have unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognized social enterprise.
- Play your part in the world’s biggest community into a more sustainable path and join an innovative, experienced, solutions-oriented, and impact-driven team that is passionate about football and sport for good.
- Enjoy flexible working arrangements, with an inspiring and centrally located office, along with 30 days annual leave and other exceptional benefits to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Benefit from attractive perks for all employees, such as monthly public transport passes, a gym allowance, home-office equipment and support, as well as other great initiatives to create a fun and exciting workplace.
- Secure a full-time position in Berlin for up to 9 months – starting asap – with attractive conditions.
- Finally, join an international squad comprising 18 nationalities, speaking more than 12 languages, where 100% of your future teammates agreed in the latest staff survey that “fellow team members are committed to doing quality work.”
HOW TO APPLY
Kick things off by submitting your application documents via our online application form. Please submit your CV and/or a link to your LinkedIn profile, as well as a few sentences about yourself and your motivation.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
Common Goal celebrates diversity and is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications and abilities without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, or disability status.
Share this Offer