MEAL Manager (f/m/d)
ABOUT COMMON GOAL
With more than three billion fans, football is the largest social phenomenon on the planet. No other sport boasts such wealth, reach or cultural significance. Common Goal is rooted in the belief that the world’s most popular sport is one of the few cultural forces strong enough to help shift society towards a more sustainable and equitable future for all.
We want to maximise the game’s contribution to people and planet by forging a lasting connection between football as a business and football as a catalyst for social transformation. We believe that achieving long-lasting change requires everyone’s collaboration. That’s why we are building a movement that creates opportunities for every stakeholder in football to participate and collaborate in support of our people and planet.
Bottom-up and inside-out, we place all our focus on strengthening local capacity to transform realities, embedding purpose at the heart of the football industry and using football as enabler to inspire a shift in mindset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The MEAL Manager will be directly responsible for overseeing the implementation of project level, impact, and organisational-level MEAL frameworks; and for all project performance monitoring activities and systems including data management and collection tools, analysis, and reporting. The MEAL Manager will be part of the Impact team and report directly to the Head of Impact. They will work collaboratively with others and are expected to take leadership in their area of work and continuously improve the MEAL system and the organisation’s capacity and ability to report on impact. The position is based in our Berlin office.
- Develop and manage all project performance monitoring activities and systems, including the necessary data management tools to collect, store, manage, analyse and report on output and outcome indicators and on impact.
- Lead the development and implementation of specific MEAL strategies, including indicator selection, target setting, data collection methods, and data verification to track performance, impact and to provide evidence to inform specific learning questions.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders for timely data collection, verification and feedback across different cultural and language contexts.
- Conduct regular and ad-hoc data analysis and work closely with the other Common Goal teams, namely in projects, fundraising and communications to develop reports to demonstrate progress, impact and facilitate continuous learning in the community and in the organisation.
- Coordinate the development and dissemination of thought leadership and learning content in relation to the work monitored and evaluated, namely in relation to what works in enabling systemic change and impact.
- Support the development of fundraising proposals through the development of robust theories of change and the MEL frameworks to monitor and evaluate them.
- Participate in regular project management planning meetings and provide analytical feedback and support to inform technical decisions.
- Coordinate planning processes, including complex multi stakeholder projects/ organisational work areas.
- Standardise data flow processes, storage, and sharing of data and learning in Common Goal to support and serve as the basis of the organisation’s knowledge management model.
- Facilitate and/or provide M&E training to project staff and partners.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in MEAL related positions, with proven experience of managing MEAL or research on donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders for data collection, data verification, reporting and dissemination.
- Excellent writing, communications and data management skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis, data visualization an additional asset.
- Proficient Excel user for data analysis.
- Experience in survey design, implementation and analysis.
- Degree in a related field of studies and highly proficient in numeracy.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages always an additional asset.
- Resilient problem solver, that takes responsibility for the work, thrives on transparency and accountability, and can work independently.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Enjoys working in a diverse, culturally rich and inclusive workplace.
- Have a genuine passion for our cause!
- Be part of a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues and peers, lean decision-making processes, and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
- Play your part in uniting the global football community in tackling the greatest social challenges of our time and join an innovative, experienced, solutions-oriented, and impact-driven team that is passionate about football for good.
- Enjoy flexible and hybrid working arrangements, an inspiring and centrally located office, 30 days annual leave and other great features to enable an optimal balance between work and personal life.
- Benefit from attractive perks for all employees such as visa & relocation support, monthly public transport passes, a gym allowance, home-office equipment and support, as well as other great initiatives to create a fun and exciting workplace.
- Kick-start your career at Common Goal in Berlin with your own initial 12-month contract with the potential of extension into a long-term position.
- Last but not least, join an international squad of 18 nationalities, speaking more than 12 languages, where 100% of your future teammates agreed in the latest staff survey that “fellow team members are committed to doing quality work.”
HOW TO APPLY
Kick things off by submitting your application, including your CV and a letter of motivation that highlights a few of your key achievements. We also ask that in your application/ CV you provide two contacts of work colleagues/ professional relationships that can speak to the quality of your work first hand. We will inform you prior to reaching out to these.
The deadline for submission is the 3rd of December 2023, via our online application form. Please submit all documents and information requested, as we cannot consider incomplete applications.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria. Qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an interview. Interviews are likely to take place in the week of December the 11th, will be conducted by a panel, online, and run for 1 hour and 30 minutes. After this, we hope to reach a final decision.
Common Goal celebrates diversity and is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications and abilities without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, or disability status.
Share this Offer