Project Manager Gender Equity (f/m/d)
ABOUT COMMON GOAL
With more than three billion fans, football is the largest social phenomenon on the planet. No other sport boasts such wealth, reach or cultural significance. Common Goal is rooted in the belief that the world’s most popular sport is one of the few cultural forces strong enough to help shift society towards a more sustainable and equitable future for all.
We want to maximise the game’s contribution to people and planet by forging a lasting connection between football as a business and football as a catalyst for social transformation. We believe that achieving long-lasting change requires everyone’s collaboration. That’s why we are building a movement that creates opportunities for every stakeholder in football to participate and collaborate in support of our people and planet.
Bottom-up and inside-out, we place all our focus on strengthening local capacity to transform realities, embedding purpose at the heart of the football industry and using football as enabler to inspire a shift in mindset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Gender Equity Project Manager will work on gender equity projects that aim at enabling equal access and opportunities for women in football, using football to inspire society to embrace gender equality and promoting football as a catalyst to empower girls to develop their full potential.
The focus of the role is to ensure quality implementation of our gender equity programming and facilitate opportunities for and with the community organisations we are working with worldwide.
The role requires a skilled candidate who puts gender and inclusion at the center of their work and who has proven experience in project management, is able to coordinate multiple stakeholders (internal and external), administrate budgets, grants and contracts, and encourages collaboration to accelerate change.
- You will manage the adidas’ funded project Breaking Barriers aimed at creating a more gender-inclusive Sport for Good community in Europe, through the implementation of capacity development programming particularly focusing on structural change and increasing girls’ participation and women representation in coaching and leadership of sport for development organisations.
- You are responsible for all aspects of project management and lead the implementation of the project together with an internal team to effectively deliver against project deliverables. This includes:
- Managing contracts, grants and budget processes.
- Administrative tasks as well as financial and narrative reporting.
- Coordinating communications with different external stakeholders, including nonprofit organisations, young leaders, private agencies and corporate and public funding partners.
- Coordinating internal teams to achieve project goals. This includes Impact, Community, Communications and Partnership's teams.
- Proposals writing, conceptualization and analysis.
- Coordinating and overseeing Monitoring and Evaluation processes, this includes impact frameworks, data collection, surveys and monitoring and evaluation activities in partnership with internal and external teams.
- Supporting programme design, planning and execution
- Building and mentor communities of practice, working alongside experts to implement learning opportunities for the wider Common Goal Community.
- Contributing to the implementation of Common Goal’s wider gender equity strategy together with an internal team of four colleagues to effectively deliver against our strategic framework.
- You have a degree in gender studies, sports science, social science, international development or a related field.
- You have at least 5 (five) years professional experience with project management, ideally in the field of sports for development.
- You are familiar with creating databases, spreadsheets, presentations and the use of project management tools and apps.
- You have proven experience with managing multi-stakeholder projects, including private and public funders and partners.
- You pay attention to details, are organized and have experience with contracts and budget management.
- You are a passionate communicator and know how to initiate and moderate collaborative processes.
- You have people management skills to effectively deliver against project deliverables.
- You possess strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and multitask.
- You have experience with monitoring and evaluation processes including collecting, reporting and communicating impact data.
- You are a great listener, mediator and team player.
- You love to get things done, take initiative and responsibility of your work and solve problems proactively.
- You have experience working with large corporations in the private sector.
- You are willing and able to travel regularly.
- You are native or fluent in English. Fluency in other languages is an important asset.
- Your passion for football is a plus.
- Become part of a vision for football 2030, that aims to enable all stakeholders in the football industry to play their part in accelerating progress towards the Global Goals.
- Lead a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues and peers and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
- Play your part in the world’s biggest community into a more sustainable path and join an innovative, experienced, solutions-oriented, and impact-driven team that is passionate about football for good.
- Enjoy flexible working arrangements, an inspiring and centrally located office, 30 days annual leave and other great features to enable an optimal balance between work and personal life.
- Benefit from attractive perks for all employees such as visa & relocation support, monthly public transport passes, a gym allowance, or home-office equipment and support, as well as other great initiatives to create a fun and exciting workplace.
- Make a full-time position in Berlin your own with attractive conditions.
- Last but not least, join an international squad of 18 nationalities, speaking more than 12 languages, where 100% of your future teammates agreed in the latest staff survey that “fellow team members are committed to doing quality work.”
HOW TO APPLY
Kick things off by submitting your application documents via our online application form. Please submit your CV and/or a link to your LinkedIn profile, as well as a few sentences about yourself and your motivation.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
Common Goal is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people! Women, those identified as female and/or non-binary, and people from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Share this Offer