Head of Impact (F/M/D)
ABOUT COMMON GOAL
With more than three billion fans, football is the largest social phenomenon on the planet. No other sport boasts such wealth, reach or cultural significance. Common Goal is rooted in the belief that the world’s most popular sport is one of the few cultural forces strong enough to help shift society towards a more sustainable and equitable future for all.
We want to maximise the game’s contribution to people and the planet by forging a lasting connection between football as a business and football as a catalyst for social transformation. We believe that achieving long-lasting change requires everyone’s collaboration. That’s why we are building a movement that creates opportunities for every stakeholder in football to participate and collaborate in support of our people and planet.
Bottom-up and inside-out, we place all our focus on strengthening local capacity to transform realities, embedding purpose at the heart of the football industry and using football as an enabler to inspire a shift in mindset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The main focus of the Head of Impact at Common Goal lies in ensuring that the Common Goal movement is making meaningful progress towards its mission and impact goals by setting a clear direction and agenda around key impact areas (encompassing social and climate justice), strengthening the delivery of our flagship programmes in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, and implementing relevant frameworks to measure our success.
Impact maximisation is a focus behind each initiative we take at Common Goal and you help us better structure our approach, measure our progress and learn from our action.
In summary, you’re excited to take on a role that is critical for growing the game and making the world a better place.
- Define impact framework, monitor organisational and industry-wide progress
- At the organisational level, you define key performance indicators for impact areas and programmes, as well as associated MEAL processes, in line with the organisation’s mission and vision
- At the movement level, you provide comprehensive trend reports and take a leading role in the construction of a football industry-wide index assessing the positive impact of the football for good sector
- You engage with academia and leverage technology to support these processes and foster organisational learning.
- Drive the execution of our impact strategy
- Lead a team of experts to create and further develop a comprehensive strategy and agenda around Common Goal’s key impact areas which encompass social (gender equity, racial justice, diversity and inclusion, mental health) and environmental topics, with a specific awareness on intersectionality
- Act as an enabler: build coalitions throughout the different movement stakeholder groups, identify allies and create opportunities for synergies and exchange
- Ensure successful cross-functional collaboration through clearly defined processes and excellent communication as the Head of a transversal unit through the organisation
- Ensure the successful delivery of programmes
- Work in collaboration with all internal stakeholders in translating impact strategy into solutions delivered across various stakeholder groups (football for good organisations, players, clubs, federations, international organisations, corporate sponsors, etc.)
- Bring a clear sense of priorities and identify synergies
- Provide ongoing guidance and expertise in cross-functional project management
- You have a degree in relevant fields and at least 10 years of professional experience, including 3 years in leadership positions.
- You have advanced experience in Sustainable Development, Social Impact, and MEAL, and are knowledgeable about impact measurement and technology.
- You have strong skills in complex program management, including project timeline and budget management, team management, and performance evaluation.
- You are fully proficient in English, with fluency in German and/or Spanish highly desirable.
- You are purpose-driven, collaborative, and possess high-quality relationships to contribute to the Common Goal movement and prioritise excellent service delivery.
- Become part of a vision for football 2030, that aims to enable all stakeholders in the football industry to play their part in accelerating progress towards the Global Goals.
- Lead a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues and peers, continue to shape dynamic decision-making processes, and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
- Play your part in the world’s biggest community into a more sustainable path and join an innovative, experienced, solutions-oriented, and impact-driven team that is passionate about football for good.
- Enjoy flexible working arrangements, an inspiring and centrally located office, 30 days annual leave and other great features to enable an optimal balance between work and personal life.
- Benefit from attractive perks for all employees such as visa & relocation support, monthly public transport passes, a gym allowance, home-office equipment and support, as well as other great initiatives to create a fun and exciting workplace.
- Make a full-time position in Berlin your own with attractive conditions.
- Last but not least, join an international squad of 18 nationalities, speaking more than 12 languages, where 100% of your future teammates agreed in the latest staff survey that “fellow team members are committed to doing quality work.”
HOW TO APPLY
Kick things off by submitting your CV and / or link to your LinkedIn profile and a few sentences about yourself via our online application form.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
Common Goal is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people! Women, those identified as female and/or non-binary, and people from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Share this Offer