Head of Partnerships (F/M/D)
ABOUT COMMON GOAL
Do you believe football has the power to change the world, for the better?
This idea that beautiful game can be an effective tool for social change is what unites the Common Goal movement.
Nearly five years ago, a team of professional footballers kicked off the Common Goal movement by committing to pledge 1% of their salary to change the world, for good.
Today, the movement includes over 150 grassroots organisations and more than 250 professional football players and managers – including Paulo Dybala, Pernille Harder, Timo Werner, Serge Gnabry, Casey Stoney, Jürgen Klopp and Megan Rapinoe. Also influential football figures have joined the movement, such as UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin, professional clubs such as FC Nordsjælland and brands such as adidas and DAZN.
We are at a true historical milestone and as such we have created new opportunities to engage new talent with the drive and passion that changing the world requires.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Main focus of the Head of Partnerships at Common Goal lies in accelerating our organisational and movement’s development towards financial sustainability, establishing quality investment and impact partnerships with a focus on driving the collective impact (people & planet) to exponential growth. As a driver of our partnerships strategy, the Head of Partnerships leads on the development of meaningful collaborations with the 1% mechanism serving as a reference and framework across all relationships.
We are convinced that it is both, an urgent need and a business imperative to embed purpose in football’s DNA. We believe that football has the potential to be at the core of growing the game, while enabling acceleration towards achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Are you excited to take on a role that is critical for growing the game and making the world a better place?
- Increase investment to top impact verticals (Anti-Racist Project, Play Proud, Climate Action, Goal5, Safe Spaces/Common Ground, Peacebuilding) across all relevant constituencies.
- Co-design and align VIK contributions mainly from Impact Sponsors with objectives across the organization.
- Position CG at forefront of Web3 solutions, penetrating the space with the 1% solution and building the ground for an own presence.
- Continuously develop and oversee product development across constituencies reaching from corporations to national and international Governments to Foundations and Impact Investment.
- Co-develop and drive an aspirational, results oriented strategy that further builds and expands the pillars for Common Goal’s financial sustainability.
- Support all internal teams to sharpen their senses for and take decisions towards growth/scale readiness, as well as team-based measures to contribute to the overall financial sustainability, translating Common Goal’s service and promise into opportunities across constituencies.
- Directly manage, develop and inspire a team of 2-4 employees to support our fundraising goals and create meaningful collaborations.
- You have a degree in international development, business administration, communications, marketing or a related field of studies.
- You have a minimum of ten (10) years entrepreneurial/professional work experience, including at least three (3) years in a leadership position, with advanced understanding of the areas of Growth/Sales, Business Development, Philanthropy, Technology and Innovation.
- You have already built a solid, relevant network of partners in the professional football or corporate world.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You are native and/or fluent in English. Fluency in other languages is an important asset (German and/or Spanish are highly desirable).
- You are a person of integrity, authentic, curious, purpose-driven and carry radical collaboration deeply embedded in your believe system.
- You are a believer in audacious goals, you are not afraid of failing, learning and bouncing back quickly.
- You communicate clearly, effectively and with empathy at all levels and across all stakeholder groups.
- You have the proven ability to open, negotiate and close agreements with a focus on corporate partnerships and football institutions, equipped with the necessary empathy, confidence, mental flexibility and deep understanding of the context the potential partners operate in.
- You have the ability to integrate creative solutions with market and societal trends and needs on an ongoing basis.
- You strive for the best possible service offering at all time.
- Become part of a vision for football 2030, that aims to enable all stakeholders in the football industry to play their part in accelerating progress towards the Global Goals.
- Lead a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues and peers, continue to shape dynamic decision-making processes, and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
- Play your part in the world’s biggest community into a more sustainable path and join an innovative, experienced, solutions-oriented, and impact-driven team that is passionate about football for good.
- Enjoy flexible working arrangements, an inspiring and centrally located office, 30 days annual leave and other great features to enable an optimal balance between work and personal life.
- Benefit from attractive perks for all employees such as visa & relocation support, monthly public transport passes, a gym allowance, home-office equipment and support, as well as other great initiatives to create a fun and exciting workplace.
- Make a full-time position in Berlin your own with attractive conditions.
- Last but not least, join an international squad of 18 nationalities, speaking more than 12 languages, where 100% of your future teammates agreed in the latest staff survey that “fellow team members are committed to doing quality work.”
HOW TO APPLY
Kick things off by submitting your application documents with your CV and a letter of motivation that highlights a few of your key achievements via our online application form. Please submit all documents and information requested, as we cannot consider incomplete applications.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
Common Goal is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people! Women, those identified as female and/or non-binary, and people from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Share this Offer