Grants Manager (F/M/D)
ABOUT COMMON GOAL
Do you believe football has the power to change the world, for the better?
This idea that beautiful game can be an effective tool for social change is what unites the Common Goal movement.
Nearly five years ago, a team of professional footballers kicked off the Common Goal movement by committing to pledge 1% of their salary to change the world, for good.
Today, the movement includes over 150 grassroots organisations and more than 250 professional football players and managers – including Paulo Dybala, Pernille Harder, Timo Werner, Serge Gnabry, Casey Stoney, Jürgen Klopp and Megan Rapinoe. Also influential football figures have joined the movement, such as UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin, professional clubs such as FC Nordsjælland and brands such as adidas and DAZN.
We are at a true historical milestone and as such we have created new opportunities to engage new talent with the drive and passion that changing the world requires humanity’s mindset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Grants Manager, you will oversee the grant management processes at Common Goal in line with our strategic objectives. This includes the twice-annual funding cycle and any additional funds coordinated by Common Goal, with responsibilities ranging from preparation and evaluation to contract management, project management and impact reporting. As a cross-functional position, you will work at the intersection of our Community, Programmes, Quality Management, Fundraising, Finance / Legal and Brand & Advocacy teams.
Beyond strong communication and coordination skills in the collaboration with colleagues, international organisations and funding partners, we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about developing and improving all processes linked to grant management and programme coordination, establishing standards and guidelines, and using clever technology solutions.
- Provide funding recommendations to donors from the professional football industry based on preferences provided and the strategic direction of the movement.
- Coordinate the biannual distribution of funds to Common Goal Community member organisations, including the necessary contracting and financial transfer processes in coordination with our partners Transnational Giving Network and our Finance department.
- Monitor organisations funded by Common Goal to ensure compliance with grant guidelines.
- Oversee the financial administration and reporting processes, including defining reporting timelines and templates, reviewing financial reports received, and coordinating impact reporting with the quality management and brand & advocacy teams.
- Manage communications with Common Goal Community member organisations on the grant cycles to ensure transparent information sharing with the entire community of organisations.
- Define and manage emergency or topic specific grant processes (e.g. COVID-19 or Ukraine response funds) or call for proposal processes coordinated for partners, including application documents and timelines, evaluation, budgeting and reporting, as well as communication with all relevant stakeholders such as funding partners and applying organisations.
- Coordinate staffing for the implementation of call for proposal processes, including external experts for evaluation and reporting processes, as required.
- Oversee the implementation of technology and enhanced processes to increase the efficiency of our grant management and funding procedures.
- You have a degree in social sciences, development studies, project management, financial management or a related field of studies.
- You have 5-7 years of professional work experience in grant management or similar, relevant areas. Knowledge of the football for good sector is a significant plus.
- You have strong project management and coordination skills, ideally with a project management certification (e.g. PMP).
- You have a drive for process improvement and automation, as well as hands-on experience with technology solutions in the area of grant management.
- You have experience with contract management and impact reporting.
- You possess an analytical mindset and high attention to detail.
- You are a strong communicator and are experienced in interacting with a diverse group of partners and individuals.
- You are fluent (or native) in English and ideally Spanish; knowledge of any other languages (especially French, Portuguese and German) is an additional asset.
- You are a great listener and team player who enjoys taking responsibility and working in a diverse, culturally-rich and inclusive workplace.
- You take initiative and responsibility of your work, and solve problems proactively.
- You possess strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and multitask.
- You love to get things done, thrive on challenging the status-quo and have a genuine passion for our cause.
- Be part of a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues and peers, lean decision-making processes, and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
- Play your part in uniting the global football community in tackling the greatest social challenges of our time and join an innovative, experienced, solutions-oriented, and impact-driven team that is passionate about football for good.
- Enjoy flexible and hybrid working arrangements, an inspiring and centrally located office, 30 days annual leave and other great features to enable an optimal balance between work and personal life.
- Benefit from attractive perks for all employees such as visa & relocation support, monthly public transport passes, a gym allowance, home-office equipment and support, as well as other great initiatives to create a fun and exciting workplace.
- Kick-start your career at Common Goal in Berlin with your own initial 12-month contract with the potential of extension into a long-term position.
Join an international squad from 18 nationalities, speaking more than 12 languages, that lives team play every day at its fullest and regularly meets at team events and football sessions.
HOW TO APPLY
Kick things off by submitting your application documents with your CV and a cover letter that highlights your motivation to apply for this position and a few of your key achievements, via the apply button below. Please submit all documents and information requested, as we cannot consider incomplete applications.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
Common Goal is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people! Women, those identified as female and/or non-binary, and people from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Share this Offer