Data Manager (F/M/D)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 10
ABOUT COMMON GOAL
Do you believe football has the power to change the world, for the better?
This idea that beautiful game can be an effective tool for social change is what unites the Common Goal movement.
Nearly five years ago, a team of professional footballers kicked off the Common Goal movement by committing to pledge 1% of their salary to change the world, for good.
Today, the movement includes over 150 grassroots organisations and more than 250 professional football players and managers – including Paulo Dybala, Pernille Harder, Timo Werner, Serge Gnabry, Casey Stoney, Jürgen Klopp and Megan Rapinoe. Also influential football figures have joined the movement, such as UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin, professional clubs such as FC Nordsjælland and brands such as adidas and DAZN.
We are at a true historical milestone and as such we have created new opportunities to engage new talent with the drive and passion that changing the world requires.
Are you in?
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Data Manager, you’ll enable us to leverage the value of data and improve both the quality as well as efficiency of its use. You will be responsible for managing the data of the professional football industry’s contribution to our cause and consulting all other areas of our work to effectively and efficiently collect, organise and analyse data.
The role requires someone who loves data, wants to verify every single number while understanding the bigger picture, and is both passionate and convincing as the internal partner and promoter of a data mindset.
- Improve data processes in all areas of the organisation, with the focus on collecting and maintaining data for donations from the football industry
- Provide analysis and reports for our organisation’s needs, as a basis for strategic decisions as well as communication to external stakeholders
- Research and implement Business Intelligence solutions for all departments and support our team with data management best practices, including use of automation tools
- Support our team with meaningful visualisation of our impact and other dashboards for external and internal use
- Support OKR measurements and reports on a global and departmental level
- Play a vital part in the integration of a new CRM environment incl. data cleansing and migration
- Ensure data security and both ethical and legal data protection and information governance
- Serve as an internal capacity builder with trainings and support on our CRM and data processes
- Engage, inspire and train the team in the best use of data and how it contributes to our mission and our impact
- You have a degree in IT, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related fields of studies.
- You have a minimum of three (3) years’ relevant professional work experience.
- You have knowledge of & hands-on experience as a technical solutions architect
- You have a very good command of MS Excel and a good command of MS Access and SQL.
- You possess an analytical mindset and high attention to detail.
- You have experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, MS BI).
- You are fluent (or native) in English; other languages like Spanish or German are an additional asset.
- You are a great listener and team player who enjoys taking responsibility and working in a diverse, culturally-rich and inclusive workplace.
- You take initiative and responsibility of your work, and solve problems proactively.
- You possess strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and multitask.
- You love to get things done, thrive on challenging the status-quo and have a genuine passion for our cause.
- Be part of a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues and peers, lean decision-making processes, and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
- Play your part in the world’s biggest community into a more sustainable path and join an innovative, experienced, solutions-oriented, and impact-driven team that is passionate about football for good.
- Enjoy flexible working arrangements, an inspiring and centrally located office, 30 days annual leave and other great features to enable an optimal balance between work and personal life.
- Benefit from attractive perks for all employees such as visa & relocation support, monthly public transport passes, a gym allowance, home-office equipment and support, as well as other great initiatives to create a fun and exciting workplace.
- Make a full-time position in Berlin your own with an initial 12-month contract at fair conditions with the possibility of extension into a long-term position.
- Last but not least, join an international squad from 18 countries, speaking more than 12 languages, where 100% of your future teammates agreed in the latest staff survey that “fellow team members are committed to doing quality work.”
HOW TO APPLY
Kick things off by submitting your application documents with your CV and a letter of motivation by April 10, 2022, via the apply button below. Please submit all documents and information requested, as we cannot consider incomplete applications.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
Common Goal is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people! Women, those identified as female and/or non-binary, and people from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Share this Offer